The matches will consist of 9 singles, each individual game will be handicapped and the winner of the most games will win overall. The rules are as follows:
· Game order will be the same as for a normal league night i.e. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 etc., no doubles to be played.
· Games will be 21 up, best of 3.
· No deuces i.e. even if the score is 21-20, the player on 21 wins.
· The start the weaker player (i.e. the one with the highest handicap) will get in each game is determined from the chart below by looking for the handicap of the weakest player down the left hand side, then finding the handicap of the strongest player at the top of the chart and going down to where the row and column meet. For example, a player with a handicap of 14 playing a player with a handicap of 2 would have a 13 start each game.
· Each player will serve 5 times before serve changes. At the start of a game, the serve will change when the multiple of points is divisible by 5 even though this may mean that the player serving first has less than 5 times.